MY FRIENDS POST SOMETHING THEY ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT, EPISODE 3: MY GYM JOURNEY

Summer 2020 isn’t what we expected or envisioned to be like, a vast number of holidays have been cancelled as a result and plans for this ideal ‘summer body’ has put on hold due to lockdown restrictions. It has been frustrating to deal with this to be completely honest with you, as you know I’m all about the gym lifestyle and encourage those to take their physical health just as important as their mental health.

But boy, it hasn’t been easy as I have had own tribulations when it comes to loosing and gaining weight as it requires patience and perseverance in which I had to learn in the long run. The turning point was the beginning of December 2019 as I said enough was enough, if I set a goal in how I want my body to look like in a couple of months and stick to it - anything is possible when you put your mind to it. Manifestation is the key; you just need to unlock it to reveal your dreams shinning at the end of the door. I let all these insecurities which I had about my weight to fuel my determination to think of alternative ways that I can accomplish a home workout and feel satisfied after. Not only that, having a positive attitude about your weight is significant because you don’t allow negativity to cloud the small achievements you have made – it may seem small to others but looking at the bigger picture you are slowly building the body you wish to have.

Coach potato. Yeah I said it, I know you been one in this lockdown don’t lie to me! It’s been challenging to get rid of these coach potato tendencies truthfully, as gym is still closed and needs to open ASAP urgh but the comfort of just laying on your coach and just enjoying the savoury or sweet snacks your just dying to consume is a pure enjoyment to all. HOWEVER, do you know how its effecting or damaging your body in any type of way?! It’s pure bliss in the moment but you tend to feel sluggish as the hours go by which is not healthy so instead of snacking like crazy why not take a walk or even cycle to burn of those calories? In my free time, I have slowly started going for 7K walks a few times a week which has been mad but has been an enjoyable experience that I look forward to. Nothing seems impossible when you have the right motivation guys I promise! Also, setting up my own gym in my garage was fun to do as it makes these home workouts more convenient to do at the same time it releases stress and anxiety that has built up of being in this lockdown. I usually go there three times a week and its been going great so far!

When it comes to gym, everyone’s experience is divergent and whatever advice I can offer to you may not help the way you want it to be but hopefully you can get an idea of what I’m trying to put across. I recommend to anyone who long for taking gym more seriously or just in general want to lose or gain weight having an app is lovely way to track your progress and be aware of your eating habits. The app is called ‘MyFitnessPal’ and I’ve seen the drastic changes when it comes to my weight. In addition to this, having the right type of influencers on my Instagram made me feel like I wasn’t the only one battling with my weight and they pushed me even further to change this depressed mindset to an optimistic one. My favourite personal trainers are ‘@Ekg.fit’ and ‘@Pri_fit’ because of their content being inspirational. But lets be real guys, I’m not gonna act like its easy and you will get results the next day – remove those thoughts and lemme prepare you with new ones; it takes time to understand your body when it comes to what it does like and what doesn’t therefore developing better eating habits which suits YOUR BODY and training habits that works best FOR YOU is so so important I cannot stress! I suggest using this unlimited time to clarify your body internally not just outwardly as you can create a routine which will be beneficial for your body’s future.

A little progress each day is what it’s all about, don’t sweat it if you crave an unhealthy meal go for it and make up for it later. Gym is a balance, its okay to go off the scale.

By Jaskirn Dhillion


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I’M A SINGER/RAPPER. I’M NOT THE SORT OF GIRL THAT WILL BE WORKING IN FUCKING WETHERSPOONS FOR £8.00 AN HOUR…”

MY FRIENDS POST SOMETHING THEY ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT, EPISODE 5: BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS